Celebrity News

Meghan Markle blocks Prince Harry from seeing his father Prince Charles

Meghan Markle has laid down the law and banned Prince Harry from travelling to the UK to see his father Prince Charles who has tested positive to COVID-19, commonly known as coronavirus.

An insider told Daily Mail that Meghan's travel ban kicked in during the coronavirus outbreak, with the Duchess telling her husband that "under no circumstances, is she okay with him travelling anywhere right now."

The source added: "Meghan said Harry's been in touch with his dad... Of course, he's frustrated. She said they both are frustrated because they are doers and want to do so much more to help."

The Sussexes last saw Charles earlier this month before leaving for North America.

They were pictured with Charles and other senior royals, including Queen Elizabeth, Prince William and Kate Middleton, at the Commonwealth Day service in London on March 9. 

Prince Charles, 71, tested positive for the virus on Tuesday, and is is in self-isolation.

"The Prince of Wales has tested positive for Coronavirus," Clarence House confirmed on March 25.

"He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual. In accordance with Government and medical advice, the Prince and the Duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland."His wife Camilla, 72, tested negative for the virus.

"The tests were carried out by the NHS in Aberdeenshire where they met the criteria required for testing."

According to The Mirror, "It is not possible to ascertain from whom the Prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks."

The shock diagnosis comes after Queen Elizabeth II fled to Windsor Castle to self isolate.

Royal insiders have claimed it's likely Elizabeth will stay in Windsor while the country is in the grip of the coronavirus pandemic. 

A palace spokesman said: "As a sensible precaution and for practical reasons in the current circumstances, a number of changes are being made to The Queen’s diary.

"In consultation with the Medical Household and Government, a number of public events with large numbers of people due to have been attended by The Queen, and other Members of the Royal Family, in the coming months will be cancelled or postponed," the spokesman said.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

To Top